- What is SAP MM?
- What are the essential components in SAP MM?
- Mention what are the types of special stock available?
- List out important field in purchasing view?
- Explain the importance of the batch record?
- Explain how you can link a document to a vendor master record?
- Mention what are the major purchasing tables? List the transaction codes for them?
- Mention what are the data contained in the information record?
- Mention what is the transaction code to delete a batch?
- Mention what is the transaction code used to extend the material view?
- Explain how you can change the standard price in the master material?
- What is Source List and what is the transaction code for creating Source List?
- For creating a purchasing info record what are the pre-requisites?
- Explain the terms Planned delivery and GR processing time?
- What is purchase requisition as related to SAP? Mention the document types that are used in purchase requisition?
- Explain how consignment stocks are created?
- Explain how is the vendor return processed without a purchase order reference?
- Explain how you can create a vendor account group in SAP?
- Explain what are the accounts created in SAP MM?
- Explain what MRP (Material Requirement Planning) list is and what is the transaction code to access MRP list?
- Explain what is CBP? What is the difference between CBP and MRP?
SAP MM (Material Management) is a functional module in SAP that deals with procurement handling and material management. The MM module contains master data, system configuration and transactions to complete the procure to pay process.
• Determine requirements
• Source determination
• Vendor Selection
• Order Processing
• Order follow up
• Goods receipts and Inventory management
• Invoice Verification
The types of special stock available are subcontracting, consignment, project, pipeline, sales order, stock transfer, returnable packaging with customer, etc
The critical fields in purchasing view are
• Base unit of measure
• Order unit
• Purchasing group
• Material group
• Valid from
• Tax indicator for material
• Manufacturer part number
• Manufacturer, etc.
A batch tells about a quantity of a particular product, which is processed or produced at the same time with the same parameters. The materials produced in such batch have the same values and characteristics. While, the batch record gives the information about a particular batch product and helpful in knowing whether the product has gone through GMP (Good Manufacturing Process).
To link the document with the vendor master record by using the XK01 transaction code or by using the following menu path
• SAP Menu > Logistics > Material Management > Purchasing > Master Data > Vendor > Central > XK01- Create.
• Purchase requisition EKBN
• Purchase requisition account assignment EBKN
• Release documentation EKAB
• History of purchase documents EKBE
The information record contains data related to the units of measurement, such as the products, vendor price, materials used by specific vendors, etc. It also contains information on the tolerance limit of the under delivery of data, vendor evaluation data, planned delivery time, availability status for goods.
The transaction code MSC2N is used to delete a batch. By flagging the batch master record, you can delete a batch record alternatively.