30 TOP Oracle 11g Interview Questions and Answers PDF
Read now 30 TOP Oracle 11g Interview Questions and Answers PDF for JOB INTERVIEW PDF for freshers & experienced candidates
30 TOP Oracle 11g Interview Questions and Answers PDF List
1. What is Oracle Identity Federation?
Oracle Identity Federation is a complete, enterprise-level and carrier-grade solution for secure identity information exchange between partners. With OIF organizations can do more business online by allowing their business partners secure access to protected applications.
OIF significantly reduces the need to create and manage unnecessary identities in an enterprise directory and lowers the ongoing costs of partner integrations through support of industry federation standards. Oracle Identity Federation protects existing IT investments by integrating with a wide variety of data stores, user directories, authentication providers and applications.
2. What are the benefits of this version?
Oracle Identity Federation 11g delivers the industry’s most comprehensive implementation of federation standards delivered via Oracle Universal Federation Framework – unified, extensible and customizable architecture for rapid deployment in any multi-vendor environment.
OIF is the only federation solution on the market that comes deployed on a complimentary Oracle WebLogic – best-of-breed application server container in a default configuration.
Additionally, OIF 11g is the only federation solution on the market that comes with complimentary enterprise-class tools for monitoring, auditing and reporting in a default configuration. Oracle Identity Federation 11g helps customers to quickly achieve cross-domain SSO by providing a complete end-to-end federation deployment package, including a simple and lightweight deployment option for Service Providers – Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet.
3. What are the key new features?
– Multiple federation protocols in a unified, extensible and customizable architecture delivered via Oracle Universal Federation Framework (OUFF)
– Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet – simple, lightweight SAML 2.0 component for Service Providers
– OpenID 2.0 support
– OOTB integration modules for multiple authentication providers (including Infocard, OAM, OSSO, etc.)
– Advanced support for authentication mechanisms
– Support for Oracle WebLogic Server
– Single systems management and administration UI interface
– Enterprise-ready operational management and monitoring delivered via integration with Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control
– Centralized Fusion Middleware logging, auditing, and reporting
– Unified Identity Management installer
4. Who should upgrade to 11g?
– Customers who wish to take advantage of 11g’s new unified Oracle Universal Federation Framework
– Customers who wish take advantage of complimentary enterprise-class tools for system management, monitoring, auditing and reporting
– Customers who want to rapidly SSO-enable their federation partners using OpenSSO Fedlet
– Customers looking to accept identity from leading OpenID providers (Google, Yahoo, etc.) or interested in becoming an OpenID provider
– Customers who prefer to deploy OIF on best-of-breed Oracle WebLogic Server Platform
5. Are 10g customers required to upgrade?
Current OIF customers are not required to upgrade to 11g immediately.
6. Is it possible to upgrade from 10g to 11g?
Yes – the 11g installer automates the upgrade process from 10g to 11g.
7. Does Oracle Identity Federation work with 10g version of Oracle Access Manager?
Yes – OIF 11g can work with both 10g and 11g versions of OAM.
Can Oracle Identity Federation 10g run on Oracle WebLogic Server?
No – Customers who wish to deploy OIF on Oracle WebLogic Server, need to upgrade to 11g version.
8. Can Enterprise Manager be used to manage older versions of OIF?
No – Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control can only be used to manage OIF 11g.
9. Oracle Identity Federation and Oracle OpenSSO offer similar benefits. What technology should I choose?
Oracle Identity Federation continues as Oracle’s strategic federation product.
10. What is Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet?
Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet (Fedlet) is feature of OIF 11g. It is a compact, easy to deploy SAMLv2 Service Provider implementation. It includes a small software package and a simple file-based configuration, embeddable into a Service Provider’s Java EE or .NET application. Fedlet establishes SSO between an Identity Provider and a Service Provider without requiring a fully featured federation product on the Service Provider side. Deploying Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet does not require extensive knowledge of SAML.
11. Who can use Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet?
Fedlet is available to OIF 11g customers. OIF 11g customers can also distribute Fedlet to their partner’s organizations.
12. Can Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet be used with 10g version of OIF?
No – Customers who wish to distribute Fedlet to their federation partners need to upgrade to OIF 11g.
13. Can Oracle OpenSSO Fedlet be used with Oracle OpenSSO?
No – Customers who wish to distribute Fedlet to their federation partners need to migrate to OIF 11g.
14. Do Oracle Identity Federation and Fedlet work with homegrown and 3rd-party implementation of SAMLv2?
Yes – OIF and Fedlet can be configured to work with proprietary and 3-rd party SAMLv2 implementations, as long as the implementation is in compliance with SAMLv2 specification and supports the required SAMLv2 features.
15. What is Oracle Virtual Directory?
Oracle Virtual Directory provides a unified identity service to applications by aggregating without consolidation.
This allows applications to be deployed more quickly by enabling customers to re-use existing identity stores.
And by re-using existing identity stores – customers see a greater ROI on existing identity stores as well reduced compliance costs.
16. What are benefits of this version?
Oracle Virtual Directory aggregates identity sources without consolidation.
Additionally OVD 11g is the only virtual directory on the market that comes with enterprise-class monitoring and reporting in a default configuration.
17. What are the key new features of OVD?
– Unified Directory services administration via Oracle Directory Services Manager (ODSM)
– Deployment accelerators
– Centralized Fusion Middleware log and auditing
– Unified Identity Management installer
– Automated synchronization of OVD cluster configurations
18. Who should upgrade to 11g?
Customers who wish to take advantage of 11g’s new unified directory service management console, who run OVD clusters and/or want to take advantage of native integration with Enterprise Manager.
19. Are 10g customers required to upgrade?
Current OVD customers are not required to upgrade to 11g immediately.
20. Is it possible to upgrade from 10g to 11g?
Yes – the 11g installer automates the upgrade process from 10g to 11g
21. What platforms are supported?
Supported platforms are listed on the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g platform certification Matrix.
22. Can Oracle Directory Services Manager be used to manage older versions?
No – ODSM can only be used to manage 11g.
23. Can Oracle Virtual Directory Manager 10g be used to manage 11g servers?
No – OVD Manager can only be used to manage 10g servers.
24. What is MapViewer?
MapViewer is a Java-based visualization tool that is used to render, in map form, location based content and spatial data stored using the spatial feature of Oracle Database. It includes It can also render map and related content from ESRI Shape Files, real-time XML feeds such as GeoRSS, and geographic web services including themes from OpenGeospatial Consortium Web Feature Services.
MapViewer can be used to:
– Create customized maps that show geographic features such as roads, city areas, waterways and other transportation networks.
– Display map themes such as national, state and local boundaries.
– Visualize business data (e.g. population demographics, psychodemo graphics, sales metrics, etc.), to portray and explore relationships that can often best be expressed graphically as geographic maps.
– Complement an applications workflow, providing interaction with mapped data.
– Deliver custom maps over the Internet as a component of JDeveloper or as a standalone tool.
25. What are the new features in MapViewer 11g?
Among the many new features and capabilities of MapViewer 11g are:
– Certification on WebLogic Server version 10 and 10.3
– Support for Safari desktop browser
– Support for ESRI Shape Files
– Support for Google Map tiles (requires a Google Maps API key)
– Secure map rendering (role based map content display)
– Support for OGC Web Feature Server themes and Annotation Text
– Improved Labeling, text styles, and feature rendering
– PDF output support
– Improved Non Spatial Data Provider and External Spatial Data Provider APIs
26. How is MapViewer positioned in Fusion Middleware?
Fusion Middleware MapViewer is one of the J2EE components included in all editions of WebLogic Server, Oracle Application Server, JDeveloper/ADF, and TopLink.
27. Why was MapViewer developed?
MapViewer was developed to simplify the development of applications that render and present location data as part of web, mobile, public sector and business applications. It is currently used by numerous Oracle applications and customer implementations.
28. How is MapViewer Licensed?
MapViewer is licensed as a feature of the all Fusion Middleware Application Server products (WebLogic Server and Oracle Application Server Editions) as well as the TopLink/ADF Deployment option.
29. How is MapViewer Delivered?
MapViewer is available for download from OTN and MyOracle Support (formerly Metalink). It will also be packaged on the Oracle Fusion Middleware Companion DVD for deployment in all supported, licensed environments. Supported deployment environments (J2EE servers) include: Oracle Weblogic Server, Oracle Application Server, and standalone OC4J.
30. What features does MapViewer provide?
MapViewer is a programmable tool for rendering simple maps using spatial data managed by Oracle Spatial and/or Oracle Locator. MapViewer includes components that perform cartographic rendering, interactive scrollable maps, and a map definition tool to manage map metadata and portrayal information.
31. From which programming languages can the MapViewer API be called?
32. Can MapViewer be used independently of Oracle Fusion Middleware?
MapViewer is licensed only with Oracle Fusion Middleware product. It requires a J2EE container, JDBC, XML parsers and other components supplied with Oracle Fusion Middleware products. In addition, MapViewer applications can be deployed in any standard J2EE container provided the customer has sufficient licenses of Fusion Middleware products (WebLogic Server, Oracle Application Server, and/or TopLink/ADF Deployment option).