1) What is the difference between Mobile device testing and mobile application testing?
Mobile device testing means testing the mobile device and mobile application testing means testing of mobile application on a mobile device.
2) What are the types of mobile applications?
Mobile applications are of three types:
Native Application– Native app installed from application store like Android’s google play and apple’ app store. The application which can be installed into your devices and run are known as native application for E.G. whats App, Angry birds etc.
Web Application– Web applications runs from mobile web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari etc using mobile network or WIFI. E.G. of web browser applications are m.facebook.com, m.gmail.com, m.yahoo.com, m.rediffmail.com etc.
Hybrid Application- Hybrid apps are combinations of native app and web app. They can run on devices or offline and are written using web technologies like HTML5 and CSS. For E.G. ebay, flipkart etc
3) How to test CPU usage on mobile devices?
There are various tools available in the market like google play or app store from where you can install apps like CPU Monitor, Usemon, CPU Stats, CPU-Z etc these are an advanced tool which records historical information about processes running on your device.
4) What are the defects tracking tools used for mobile testing?
You can use same testing tool which you use for web application testing like QC, Jira, Rally and Bugzilla etc.
5) What all major networks to be considered while performing application testing?
You should test the application on 4G, 3G, 2G and WIFI. 2G is a slower network, its good if you verify your application on slower network also to track your application performance.
6) When performing sanity test on mobile application what all criteria should be taken into consideration?
Installation and uninstallation of the application
Verify the device in different available networks like 2G, 3G, 4G or WIFI.
Interrupt testing- Able to receive the calls while running the application.
Compatibility testing – able to attach the photo in message from gallery
Test application performance on different handset.
Make some negative testing by entering the invalid credentials and test the behavior of the application.
7) Which things to consider testing a mobile application through black box technique?
By testing your application on multiple devices.
By changing the port and IP addresses to make sure the device is getting connected and disconnected properly.
By making calls and sending messages to other devices.
By testing your web application on different mobile browsers like chrome, Firefox, opera, dolphin etc.
8) What is the latest version of iOS?
iOS 8. (This changes quite often, so please check the apple site for most recent info)
9) What is the latest version of Android?
Lollipop 5.0–5.0.2 (also changes often). See all here.
10) What is the extension of Android files?
.apk (Android application package)
11) What is the extension of iOS files?
12) What is the full form of MMS?
Multimedia Messaging Services
13) What are MT and MO in SMS?
Sending message is known as MO (Message originate) and receiving the message is known as MT(Message Terminate)
14) What is WAP?
WAP is Wireless Application Protocol used in network apps.
15) What is GPRS and how it works?
GPRS is General Packet Radio Service which works on mobile network with the help of IP transmissions. GPRS provides the transmission of IP packets over existing cellular networks. It provides you internet services on mobile.
16) What is the latest version of Windows?
Windows 10 (see latest here)
17) What do you mean by Streaming media?
Streaming is a process of downloading the data from the server. Streaming media is the multimedia that is transferred from server or provider to the receiver.
18) What are the automation tools available for mobile application testing?
There are many automation tools available in the market for mobile application testing but iPhone Tester is the one of the best tool to test the application on iPhones and screenfly for android devices.
19) What is the best way to test different screen sizes of the devices?
Using emulator. See example here.
20) What is the basic difference between Emulator and Simulator?
Emulator is based on hardware and software wherein simulator is based on software. Simulation is system that behaves similar to something else while emulation is system that exactly behave like something else.
21) What are the common challenges in mobile application testing?
Working on different operating systems, variety of handsets, different networks, variety of screen size. Read more here => 5 Mobile testing challenges and solutions.
22) What are the tools based on cloud based mobile testing?
Seetest, Perfecto Mobile, BlazeMeter, AppThwack, Manymo, DeviceAnywhere etc.
23) What web services are used by mobile app?
They are many depend upon the application. SOAP and REST web services are used but RESRful is more common now.
24) What all devices have you worked till now?
Android, Symbian, Windows, iPhone etc.
25) How to create Emulator on Android?
Give a name in name field -> select target API from the list -> enter the size -> select the required skin section -> click on create AVD -> select the required AVD -> click on start button -> launch it
26) Does Selenium support mobile internet testing?
Yes it does, Opera browser is used for Mobile internet testing.
27) Does Selenium support Google Android Operating System?
Yes, Selenium 2.0 supports Android Operating System.
28) Name debugging tools for mobile?
Errors can be verified by the generated logs. We can use configuration utility on iOS and android monitor.bat on android. Here are few to name Android DDMS, Remote Debugging on Android with Chrome, Debugging from Eclipse with ADT, Android Debug Bridge, iOS simulator etc.
29) Name mobile automation testing tools you know?
Ranorex, Silk Mobile, SeeTest
Appium, Robotium, KIF, Calabash
Also read => 5 best Android application testing tools.
30) What is the strategy used to test new mobile app?
System integration testing
Installation and uninstallation of the app
Test HTML control
Check in multiple mobile OS
Cross browser and cross device testing
Network and Battery testing.
31) What does a test plan for Mobile App contain?
Test plan for mobile app is very similar to software app
Automation tools required
required features to be tested:
features not to be tested
No. of resources required
32) Why mobile phone has 10 digit numbers?
The number of digits in a mobile phone number decide the maximum mobile phones we can have without dialling the country code.
33) Name mobile application testing tools
Clang Static Analyzer
Analyze code from XCode
34) Full form of the various extensions
apk – Android Application Package File
exe – Executable Files
iPA –iOS App Store Package
prc – Palm Resource Compiler
jad – Java Application Descriptor
adb – Android Debug Bridge
Aapt – Android Asset Packing Tool
35) How to test different screen sizes of the devices
36) What is web service?
It is a component used in software to perform the task. It is like an interface between one program to another.
37) How to create the log file?
38) How can we install the build on iPhones and iPads?
39) Can we use QTP/UFT for mobile automation testing?
Yes, with the help of Seetest add-in.
40) Is cloud base mobile testing possible? Name any?
Yes, Perfecto Mobile and Seetest.
41) Where to perform forward compatibility testing?
This can be done with new versions of the mobile application.